Magellan Transport Logistics Virtual Scheduled 1on1s
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
Direct Access Program (DAP)
Magellan Transport Logistics
Virtual Scheduled 1-on-1s
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM ET, by confirmed appointment only
Format: Virtual session powered by Cisco Webex video conference
Deadline to register for consideration: 12:00 noon ET, Friday, June 10, 2022
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT.
Magellan Transport Logistics, in collaboration with the US Department of Veterans Affairs, Direct Access Program, will host virtual 1-on-1 meetings with selected companies.
- You must have a DS Logon or ID.me account to enter the VetBiz portal to begin the registration process.
- Completing registration does not guarantee a 1-on-1 session with Magellan Transport Logistics.
- Your registration is only for consideration to be selected by Magellan Transport Logistics for a limited number of 20-minute virtual meetings
- Selection and appointment scheduling are at the sole discretion of Magellan Transport Logistics.
- Companies that are not selected will receive communications from Magellan Transport Logistics.
- You must fully complete your profile, upload your capabilities statement, and click “Submit” to complete the meeting consideration process.
- Magellan Transport Logistics is the sole decision-maker regarding companies that are selected to meet with its representatives.
- The Virtual 1-on-1 event is a follow-up to the May 10th Business Opportunity Session. Background information, including the session recording and slide presentation may be found at: https://vetbiz.va.gov/events/event-detail/?id=81747ad3-bfb1-ec11-983e-001dd8038f0e
Magellan Transport Logistics is seeking small & large business partners to build solutions for their Fortune 500, Government Prime & Agency clients. Magellan Transport Logistics creates customized solutions and looks forward to connecting with partners across robust logistics capabilities. Magellan Transport Logistics has dedicated opportunities as well as ad hoc project work to keep your trucks moving.
Note: Magellan Transport Logistics is a 3PL and is not seeking to work with other 3PL’s/Brokers at this time.
Selected firms will participate in a virtual 1-on-1 meeting, which will entail video and audio interaction with Magellan Transport Logistics representatives. If your company is selected by Magellan Transport Logistics for an appointment, you will receive additional correspondence no later than June 24, 2022.
Magellan Transport Logistics targets small businesses associated with the following business sectors.
- Commercial – Fortune 500 to small businesses
- Major Subcontractor to Government Primes
- Defense, Security & Justice
- Federal Health
- Civil Government
- State & Local/Higher Education
Magellan Transport Logistics targets companies that specialize in operations related to the following NAICS codes.
484121 General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Truckload
484110 General Freight Trucking, Local
484122 General Freight Trucking, Long-Distance, Less Than Truckload
484220 Specialized Freight (except Used Goods) Trucking, Local
484210 Used Household and Office Goods Moving
484230 Specialized Freight (except Used Goods) Trucking, Long-Distance
482111 Line-Haul Railroads
488210 Support Activities for Rail Transportation
488490 Other Support Activities for Road Transportation
481112 Scheduled Freight Air Transportation
492110 Couriers and Express Delivery Services
492210 Local Messengers and Local Delivery
541614 Process, Physical Distribution, And Logistics Consulting Services
488991 Packing and Crating
238910 Site Preparation Contractors (Equipment rental, construction, with operator)
238290 Machine Rigging
238990 All Other Specialty Trade Contractors (Crane Rental with Operator)
532412 Construction, Mining, and Forestry Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing
493110 General Warehousing and Storage
493120 Refrigerated Warehousing and Storage
561210 Facilities Support Services
561613 Armored Car Services
Magellan Transport Logistics is interested in companies with the following capabilities:
- Drop Trailer Capacity - across all transportation equipment types
- Flatbed equipment – specialized, open deck, standard
- Straight Trucks / Cargo Vans
- Cold Chain
- Reefer Truckload, LTL, Consolidation
- Less Than Truckload
- White Glove
- Final Mile Deliveries
- Drayage Carriers
- Liftgate Equipment (both Dry & Reefer)
- Chassis Repositioning
- Government Clearance Drivers (Public Trust and above)
- If not already cleared – interested in pursuing clearance
- Carriers interested in hauling Partials / few pallets orders
- Warehouse & Consolidation Networks
- Riggers, Cranes, and other specialized installation equipment/ laborers
- Cross border – US, Mexico, & Canada
- Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AAE) approved carriers
- Finished Pharmaceuticals approved carriers
- OCONUS shipping
Desired Federal Socio-Economic Classifications
Magellan Transport Logistics is interested in companies with the following socio-economic classifications:
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
- Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB Zones)
- Minority-Owned Small Business
- Small Business
- Large Business Primes
About Magellan Transport Logistics
Magellan Transport Logistics (MTL) is the transportation & logistics solution provider of choice for Government Agencies, Prime Contractors, and Public/ Commercial Businesses throughout North America. A Certified SDVOSB, Magellan provides cost effective, reliable, and customized logistics services to businesses of all sizes.
Our team of 22% Veterans manage relationships with transportation & logistics partners so our clients can concentrate on their core business. Recently honored as United States Senate “Small Business of the Week”, Magellan has grown significantly and on pace to add over 100 jobs in the next 5 years.
Our “No Shipment Left Behind” culture drives our processes and delivers cost efficiencies to our clients. We have the technology, experience, and expertise to manage all logistics challenges.
If you have questions about the virtual event, please contact the Direct Access Program by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (202) 461-4694.
Please note: Content on this Web page is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a comprehensive statement or analysis of application statures, regulations, and case law governing this topic. Rather, it's a plain language summary. If you are seeking claims assistance, your local VA regional office, a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization, or a VA-accredited attorney or agent can help.